Thursday, October 4, 2007

What do I do?

When you first meet someone, we often ask "What do you do?" So here's what my ministry does!

Now that I am finished with my work in Papua New Guinea, I am a full time National, Motivational Speaker with Laszlo Mission League…and still representing Wycliffe Bible Translators. Laszlo Mission League has a board of seven members, and the headquarters is in Shawnee Mission, KS. For more information check the website, www.laszlomissionleague.com.

I have spoken in every state except Alaska. Next April, 2008 I have a meeting in Anchorage, Alaska! I average 3-4 meetings a week (except during the summer months) and can have as many as 8 flights month.

What Do I Talk About?

· First of all, my personal testimony.
When I asked Jesus into my heart
When the Lord called me into full time ministry
How did I end up working with Wycliffe Bible Translators?
How did I end up in Papua New Guinea?
How did I know that was God’s will for my life?
· I spent 24 years in the jungles of Papua New Guinea working with the Sepik Iwam Tribe located 500 miles up the Sepik River.
· The challenge of learning their language, figuring out their alphabet and grammatical structure, and then finally translating the Bible into their language took 24 years.
· Today, there are thousands of believers throughout the seven villages that speak that language. That’s the power of the Word of God.

When you are smack tab in the middle of God’s will there are joy, energy, and peace. I love what I do.

The types of meetings that I am involved in are:

  • Church Worship Services
  • Sunday School
  • Universities
  • Mission Conferences
  • Schools
  • Revivals
  • Camps
  • Home meetings
  • National Conventions
  • Youth Conventions
    (All denominations)


I speak to all denominations, small churches of 100 or large churches of 5 or 6 thousands. The largest meeting I had was in Little Rock, Arkansas, at the Billy Graham Crusade… 58 thousand – (Could have been more.) Urbana was 28 thousand.

I would love to come to your church... take a look at my schedule and see if I'll be in your state...perhaps we can simply add your church to that trip!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marilyn,
You just came to speak at our Retreat at Asian American, Multi-cultural church in Houston few months ago. I hope this message finds you.

I am so happy to find you online and wanted to leave a comment. I just read your book and it was absolutely my all time FAV! I will recommend it to many in my lifetime. I truly laughed out loud while reading it at times, I enjoyed it.

Reading your book and meeting you in person, hearing your stories...have left such an inspiration in my life.
Inspiration is hard to find nowadays in our busy society...I truly want to send my deepest regards and appreciation for all that you do for His kingdom.

I will alwys remember what you whispered to me, while you gave me a hug..."You are special". I often reflect on those words, the kindness of your heart, and especially the testimony of your faith.

It truly will be with me for eternity's worth.
Thank you for inspiring me.